Monday 30 July 2012

Best of 2009




Hey guess what: I Like Local* is three years old! Hitting the big 3 has inspired me to look back at all that's been posted on the site so far and see what's been preoccupying me over the past few years in my past few locations. It's also been interesting to see what posts have made the biggest splash or been most read. So with all that in mind, I thought I'd post a couple of 'best ofs' - the most read and/or most interesting posts of 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 so far. Here's a little run-down of the Best of 2009 :)


Hej HAY 
Posted in August 2009 from Århus, Denmark
A short little post from the early days about one of my favourite design shops in my then-home town, Århus.

Joy of Jacobsen 
Posted in August 2009 from Århus, Denmark
A post that followed a visit to one of Danish architect Arne Jacobsen's Modernist triumphs: Århus Rådhus/City Hall.

Heritage
Posted in November 2009 from Dublin, Ireland
During Design Week 2009 I attended an event discussing what Irish design is or could be, focussing in on a project called Heritage. Here are some of my resulting thoughts.

I'll Take The Lot
Posted in December 2009 from Dublin, Ireland
Coming up to Christmas 2009 I found myself swooning over quite a lot of the stock in what was then the relatively new Irish Design Shop.

To see all posts from 2009, just follow this link